Embarking on a landscaping project comes with the crucial decision of sourcing materials, particularly decorative stone, gravels, and sand. While big box stores offer convenience with pre-packaged bags, opting for bulk delivery from companies like Midland Sand presents a different set of advantages. In this comparison, we'll explore the pros and cons of both options to help you make an informed decision for your next project.
Did you know?
Did you know 1 ton of material from Midland sand is ~ the same as 100 bags from a big box store? That's 100 bags that need to be loaded onto a cart, scanned, loaded into your vehicle and then unloaded and hauled up your driveway. That sounds like a lot of unnecessary work!
1. Convenience and Accessibility: Big box stores have the upper hand in terms of accessibility and convenience. With a quick trip to your local store, you can grab pre-packaged bags of decorative materials, saving you time and effort. This option is ideal for smaller projects or immediate needs, providing instant access to the materials without the wait associated with bulk deliveries. However, with Midland Sand's online ordering...experience an Amazon like delivery service for all your bulk material needs.
2. Pricing: Bulk delivery often proves to be more cost-effective, even for smaller landscaping projects. Purchasing materials in bulk typically comes with a lower price per unit, translating to significant savings in the long run. While the upfront cost may seem higher, the overall investment per unit of material is generally much lower, making bulk delivery a financially savvy choice for those with extensive landscaping plans.
3. Variety and Uniqueness: Big box stores offer a limited range of options compared to bulk suppliers. If you're looking for specific colors, sizes, or unique blends of decorative stone, gravels, or sand, bulk delivery is the way to go. Bulk suppliers usually provide a broader selection, allowing for more customization to meet your project's aesthetic requirements. Check out the complete catalogue of stones, sand and decorative stone here.
4. Environmental Impact: Bulk delivery tends to be more environmentally friendly. With fewer packaging materials and transportation resources needed per unit of material, the carbon footprint associated with bulk deliveries is often lower compared to the cumulative impact of manufacturing and disposing of numerous bags from a big box store. Plus, you don't need to get your car or truck dirty!
5. Delivery and Handling: Bulk delivery brings the materials directly to your project site, eliminating the need for multiple trips to the store and heavy lifting. This convenience can be a game-changer for larger projects, where efficiency and ease of handling play a crucial role. Big box store bags, on the other hand, require manual transportation by you.
In the end, the choice between bulk delivery and big box store bags for decorative stone, gravels, and sand depends on the scale of your landscaping project, your budget, and your specific needs. While big box stores offer immediate accessibility for a few bags of product, bulk delivery shines in terms of cost efficiency, variety, and convenience. To see what's right for you, use our handy material calculator or talk to one of our friendly team members at midlandsand.com